The 2012 season of Moto GP alowed CRT (Claiming Rule Teams) to participate in Moto GP for a fraction of cost with a production based 1000 cc engine and a prototype chassis and 9 bikes were accepted as CRT into Moto GP 2012.We had already covered about 2012 Moto GP factory bikes and now we are covering the CRT bikes for this year Moto GP.
The bike is powered by a 1000 cc Kawasaki engine with an FTR (Fabrication Techniques Racing)chassis.Avintia racing with a strategical partnership with BQR (By Queroseno Racing) is developing this bike to race in the 2012 Moto GP as a CRT (Claiming Rule Team)entry.
- Teams who use BQR-FTR Moto GP CRT bike
- Avintia Racing Moto GP
- Riders who will ride the BQR-FRT 2012 Moto GP CRT bike
- Ivan Silva from Spain (Avintia Racing)
- Yonny Hernandez from Columbia (Avintia Racing)
2.IODA racing bike
The bike is powered by a 1000 cc Aprilia RSV4 engine with a custom frame developed in house by Ioda racing project.
- Team which will use Ioda Moto GP Racing bike
- CAME IodaRacing project
- Danilo Petrucci from Italy
This bike is powered by BMW S 1000RR engine with Suter chassis.
The only team that uses this Suter BMW bike is NGM Mobile Forward Racing.NGM had signed up with Colin Edwards from USA to ride the bike in 2012 Moto GP.
4.Aprilia Racing Technologies (ART)
This CRT bike is made by Aprilia with a 1000 cc RSV4 engine and a prototype chassis from Aprilia.The chassis used was once used by Aprilia is based on their 2003 Aprilia Moto GP bike the RS3 cube.
Engine Displacement: 1000 cc
Power output: more than 220 hp
Transmission: 6 speed
Final Drive: Chain
- Teams Who use ART CRT 2012 Moto GP bike
- Paul Bird Motorsport
- Power Electronics Aspar
- Speed Master
- Riders who will ride the ART CRT bike
- James Ellison from Great Britain (Paul Bird Motorsport)
- Randy De Puniet from France (Power Electronics Aspar)
- Aleix Espargaro from Spain (Power Electronics Aspar)
- Matta Pasini from Italy (Speed Master)
5.San Carlo Gresini Honda CRT
This bike will have a 1000 cc Honda CBR100RR engine with a prototype chassis from FTR.The engine will be tuned by Ten kate Honda.
Michael Pirro from Italy rides San Gresini Honda CRT bike in 2012 Moto GP season.